- Carrot 1/2 kg
- Sugar 1/2 kg or as required
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one orange
- Zest of one lemon
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Now measure the carrot and measure sugar in same quantity.
- In a bowl mix together carrot, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest and lemon zest. Leave it overnight.
- Shift mixture in a heavy bottom pan; cover and cook on slow heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Check for denseness by placing a drop of jam in a cold plate if it freezes right away, it’s cooked.
- Shift hot jam in a sterilized jar, allow to cool then close the jar.
- Keep it in cool and dark place.
COURTESY BY: http://www.khanapakana.com