After having suffered at the hands of pollution and stress all through the day, your skin deserves some care and pampering at night. Here’s a natural, homemade apple night cream recipe to nourish and revitalize your skin.
Apples are rich in vitamins A, B and C, as well as beta-carotene, malic acid and antioxidants. These nutrients help maintain healthy and younger-looking skin.
Malic acid, being an alpha hydroxy acid, is considered good for maintaining soft and smooth skin because of its exfoliating properties. The antioxidants present in apples also promote radiant and rejuvenated skin.
This night cream also includes extra-virgin olive oil and rose water. Both olive oil and rose water help improve skin tone and reduce pigmentation.
Olive oil also works as a natural skin moisturizer and delays the effects of aging on skin due to its healthy fats and antioxidants.
Rose water is a great beauty aid as it calms acne, maintains the skin’s pH balance, heals scars, regenerates skin tissues and revitalizes aging skin. It has soothing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, not to mention the pleasing smell.
Things you will need:
- 1 apple
- Olive oil
- Rose water
- A blender
- A double boiler
- A knife
- A bowl
- A mixing spoon
- A plastic or glass container
1. Cut an apple into two halves.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Chop the apple into small pieces.
4. Toss the pieces into a blender and add one-half cup of olive oil.
5. Turn on the blender for about five to seven minutes until the mixture has a smooth and thick consistency.
6. Pour the mixture into a double boiler and heat it for a few minutes until it is warm.
How to use
- Cleanse your face and neck with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply the cream on your skin with your fingers, gently rubbing it on with upward strokes in a circular motion.
- Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Apart from using it on your face and neck, it works well on hands and feet, too. It is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- To create a double boiler, fill a pan halfway with water and turn on the heat. When the water starts boiling, place a smaller bowl containing the blended apple mixture in the water. Let it simmer for a few minutes and then turn off the heat.
- To enhance the beauty benefits of this all-natural homemade apple night cream, add one teaspoon of honey or vitamin E oil. Both ingredients are great for your skin as they moisturize, promote skin cell renewal, and help fade blemishes.
- You can make this apple night cream with a green apple, too. It has higher malic acid content that works as a natural skin toner, making this a good option if skin tone is a primary concern.
Courtesy By: http://top10homeremedies.com/
- New Qatar port aims to ‘break shackles’ of boycott
- Summer Hair Care – Keep Your Locks Looking Great